RAIATEA CARENAGE SERVICES is a FULL SERVICE BOATYARD.
| In fact, we are Tahiti's ONLY full service boatyard- providing more more services
to yachters and boat owners than even the largest boatyard in Papeete!
Do-it -Yourselfers are welcome and encouraged!
|*Mechanical Work||*Rigging Replacements||*Refrigeration Work||*Fiberglass Work||*Aluminum Work|
|*Woodworking||*Steel and Stainless Work||*Sails and Bimini Repairs||*Materials||*Spares|
|*Antifouling Paint||*Fill U.S. Gas Cylinders||*Hull Spray Painting||*Electrical Work||* Welding|
|*Mast Hauling||*Dodge Repairs||*Engine installation & Repair||*Drydock services||*Yacht Brokerage|
We also buy and sell boats. New or used, we can find a boat to fit any of your needs.
Our experience and knowledge about boatbuilding is vast. We have built many boats and can build a custom boat for you. Talk to the yard manager Dominique for details...
Our professsional staff of yachtsmen and service workers take pride in being able to handle all situations and problems that may arise for boaters and sailors in French Polynesia. Not only do we take pride in our workmanship, be we also cater to just about any specific or diverse need that may arise...
A case in point is the story of a boat we salvaged off a remote atoll after a hurricane in 1997. We put together a team of workers to salvage a sailing vessel and encountered a unique situation...
DRYDOCK AND STORAGE
We also provide complete drydocking and storage options and services for your boat. Come see the details on our DRYDOCK PAGE.
RATES, POLICIES, & DETAILS
LE CARENAGE BASE LABOUR RATES are between 2500 and 3000 FCFP/ per hour- dependant upon services provided. See detailed labor & cost breakdown below. (Inquire the yard manager for your vessel's particulars.)
Day out and in, plus 2 days- 900 FCFP/ per ft.
DAILY RATE: (Over day out and in, Plus 2 FREE days)- 95 FCFP/ per ft.
DRYDOCK/ STORAGE: See our drydock page for the basics and storage rates. *Note: some of the policies and details in this section also apply to vessel storage.
INSURANCE: All vessels are covered by insurance from they day they are lifted until they leave our yard. *Note: Customers will be charged 6% of haulout & lay days or term storage rates costs for participation in the insurances.
LABOR & COST BREAKDOWN:
1) All basic labor NOT requiring electric tools: (i.e.: hand sanding, scraping, hand painting, etc.) will be billed at 2500 FCFP/ per hour.
2) Basic labor INCLUDING use of electric tools: (i.e.: grinding, orbital sanding, etc.) will be billed at 2800 FCFP/ per hour.
3) Specialized labor: (i.e.: welding, wood work, mechanics, etc.) will be billed at 3000 FCFP/ per hour.
4) Sail repairs: ask for estimate.
5) Pressure wash (machine & operator): 3500 FCFP/ per hour.
6) Spray paint: 3500 FCFP/ per hour.
7) Sand blasting (including sand): 3800 FCFP/ per hour.
8) Time rental for the LIFT & OPERATORS: (i.e.: lifting to remove rudder, spars, engine etc.): ask for estimate.
ELECTRIC TOOLS RENTAL: Please ask the yard manager for specific rates.
PAINTS USED & PROVIDED: INTERNATIONAL, EPIGLASS, HEMPELS, & PETTIT
MISCELLANEOUS PRODUCTS OFFERED:
VARTA BATTERIES, OIL & FUEL FILTERS, PAINT BRUSHES, WET or DRY PAPER, MASKING TAPE, etc...
HAVE A PROBLEM? WE CAN TAKE CARE OF IT!"